Are you one of those people who can choose an outfit and be dressed within a matter of minutes? I'm not! So it's no wonder that finding an outfit for a photography session can seem so intimidating?!
Here are a few tips to help guide you along:
- Avoid anything that is too close in color to your skin or hair.
- If your session includes more than one person, keep in mind that everything doesn't have to match identically. For example, maybe your favorite color is purple. That doesn't mean you all should wear a solid purple top. Make purple your accent color. Maybe you wear a purple dress, and your son wears a plaid shirt with purple in it. You get it!
As an example for an engagement session, the bride could wear a patterned dress while the groom wears a shirt that is a solid color chosen from the pattern of the dress the bride is wearing.
- Show your individuality but keep in mind the different elements of the session such as location and weather. So if you know you're going to be doing photos in a rural location, tall heels may not be the ideal shoe for the location.
- Be sure to show off your best features - Have legs like Betty Davis? Wear a skirt, dress, or a pair of shorts! Have a great figure? Wear something that cinches at the waist to show off those curves! Be bold!
- Avoid things that are too clingy or big.
However, the most important tip that will help make your pictures amazing is to BE CONFIDENT and HAVE FUN!!! Here is an affordable example you can pick up at Old Navy! (I love a good bargain)